Saturday, September 29, 2007

I'm growing a "beard"


Since arriving in Tucson I've decided to grow a "beard," or my version of one. This is something that I've never done before and the experiment brings about some interesting findings. The most shocking being that I am almost fully Amish. This is to be taken as a high compliment, as Amish living is extremely awesome. Actually Sean and Kirk, the other two guys in the Tucson house, are growing beards as well. Is there something about moving to the desert and doing service mission work that compels men to grow wild facial hair? We'll see how long this keeps up, but for the time being, I like it...

Yesterday I arrived back in Tucson after a two week period of traveling in Mexico and New Mexico. We learned about border issues first hand in Mexico and had time to meet other national YAVs and set our minds and spirits in the right direction at Ghost Ranch, New Mexico. I will be posting stories from these experiences shortly.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Niiiice. Looking Sharp S-man. It actually fits you pretty well, and those sunglasses look sweet as well. And the background of that picture. You've just got it all going these days.

Glad to know you're doing well and eating enough that your body is still growing plenty of hair.